vnuhcm-university of science (vnuhcm-us; formerly known as university of sciences) has been serving as a pioneer in offering various scientific degrees across southern vietnam since its original establishment as the indochina college of science in 1941.
vnuhcm-us was re-founded in march 1996 following a split from Đại học tổng hợp (literally: ho chi minh city university). the school has since been a member university of vietnam national university, ho chi minh city.
Quý khách đang xem: Ho Chi Minh City University of Science – Wikipedia
due to some internal reforms, at the beginning of 1996, the faculty of science became the university of natural sciences – one of the five affiliated universities of the vietnam national university ho chi minh city. in 2007, the university was officially renamed as the university of science. since 2007 to present, vnuhcm – us is one of the public universities which plays a particularly important role in offering education and scientific research within vnuhcm system.
it is entrusted with providing education at undergraduate
cấp độs and postgraduate levels and undertaking scientific research as well as technological transfer. up til now, the university has more than 13,000 enrolled students including:
- 52 undergraduate programs
- 32 graduate programs
- 29 phd programs
- 2 joint bachelor programs:
the two joint bachelor programs include bachelor of computer & information sciences with a major in it service science collaborated with auckland university of technology, new zealand; bachelor of science in management collaborated with a major in international business collaborated with keuka college, usa
the university provides several education professionals: biology, chemistry, electronic & communications, environment, geology, information technology, math & computer science, materials science, oceanography, physics.
the university has two campuses in district 5 and thu duc district of ho chi minh city.
wikipedia workshop with itec students at the ho chi minh university of science, district 5 campus.
Xem nhiều hơn: Cộng tác viên tiếng Anh là gì?
the school was originally a department from the indochina college of science, which began operating in 1946. in 1956, this department was renamed “science department” and merged to form saigon university. in 1977, it merged with several other school and colleges to form the commons university. in march 1996, the university reformed hcmuns is a separate instutituion again, as a member of the vietnam national university, ho chi minh city (vnu-hcm).
- in 1941, the school of science was established by the division of indochina science college.
- in 1956, the school was upgraded with a new called university of saigon.
- in 1977, the university was merged with the school of letters calling the hochiminh city university.
- in 1996, the university of natural science was officially founded in affiliate with the vietnam national university – ho chi minh city.
- in 2007, the name was revised as university of science to mark a new stage of the teaching of sophisticated sciences and computer technology.
the president of the university is prof. trần linh thước.
- faculty of mathematics and computer science
- faculty of information technology
- faculty of physics and engineering physics
- faculty of electronics & telecommunications
- faculty of chemistry
- faculty of biology & biotechnology
- faculty of geology
- faculty of environment
- faculty of materials science and technology
- list of universities in vietnam
- official website