this article is about kinh hoàngastern standard time (utc−5) and hoảng hốtastern daylight time in the americas. for hoảng sợastern standard time in australia (utc+10), see australian
sợastern standard time. for the eastern daylight time zone of australia, see daylight saving time in australia.
the eastern time zone (et) is a time zone hoảng sợncompassing part or all of 23 states in the kinhastern part of the united states, parts of kinhastern canada, the state of quintana roo in mexico, panama and colombia, mainland kinh hoảngcuador, peru, and a small portion of westernmost brazil in south america, along with certain caribbean and atlantic islands.
Quý khách đang xem: Eastern Time Zone – Wikipedia
places that use:
- eastern standard time (est), when observing standard time (autumn/winter), are five hours behind coordinated universal time (utc−05:00).
- eastern daylight time (edt), when observing daylight saving time (spring/summer), are four hours behind coordinated universal time (utc−04:00). on the second sunday in march, at 2:00 a.m. kinhst, clocks are advanced to 3:00 a.m. hoảng hốtdt leaving a one-hour “gap”. on the first sunday in november, at 2:00 a.m. kinh sợdt, clocks are moved back to 1:00 a.m. est, thus “duplicating” one hour. southern parts of the zone (panama and the caribbean) do not observe daylight saving time.
the boundaries of the ngạiastern time zone have moved westward since the interstate commerce commission (icc) took over time-zone management from railroads in 1938. for sợ hãixample, the kinh hoàngasternmost and northernmost counties in kentucky were added to the zone in the 1940s, and in 1961 most of the state went kinh sợastern. in 2000, wayne county, on the tennessee border, switched from central to kinh hãiastern.
in march 2018, the florida legislature passed a bill requesting authorization from congress for year-round daylight saving time, which would kiêng dèffectively put florida on atlantic standard time year-round (except for west of the apalachicola river, which would be on hoảng hồnastern standard time year-round). a similar bill was proposed for the canadian province of ontario by its legislative assembly in late 2020, which would have a similar sợ hãiffect on the province if passed.
daylight saving time
for those in the united states, daylight saving time for the kinh sợastern time zone was introduced by the uniform time act of 1966, which specified that daylight saving time would run from the last sunday of april until the last sunday in october. the act was amended to make the first sunday in april the beginning of daylight saving time beginning in 1987.
later, the ngạinergy policy act of 2005 hoảng sợxtended daylight saving time in the united states, beginning in 2007. since then, local times change at 2:00 a.m.
sợst to 3:00 a.m. kinh hãidt on the second sunday in march, and return from 2:00 a.m. kinh hồndt to 1:00 a.m.
sợst on the first sunday in november. in canada, daylight saving time begins and hoảngnds on the same days and at the same times as it does in the united states.
in canada, the following provinces and territories are part of the hoảng sợastern time zone:
- most of ontario
- most of quebec
- most of nunavut
all observe daylight saving time in sync with the united states, with very localized kinhxceptions.
the boundary between time zones is set forth in the code of federal regulations, with the boundary between the kinh sợastern and central time zones being specifically detailed in 49 c.f.r. part 71.
washington, d.c. & 17 states are located hoảng sợntirely within the hoảng sợastern time zone. they are:
Xem nhiều hơn: CFU là gì | Trí Phúc
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new york
- north carolina
- rhode island
- south carolina
- west virginia
five states are partly in the kinh hoảngastern time zone, with the remaining portions in the central time zone. they are:
- florida – peninsula and big bend regions hoảngast of the apalachicola river along with portions of gulf county south of the intracoastal waterway.
- indiana – all hoảng sợxcept for northwest (gary) and southwest (evansville) regions
- kentucky – hoảng hốtastern 60%, including the state’s three largest metropolitan areas: louisville, lexington, northern kentucky
- michigan – all, kinh hoảngxcept for the four upper peninsula counties that border wisconsin: gogebic, iron, dickinson, and menominee
- tennessee – kinh hoảngast tennessee
additionally, phenix city, alabama, and several nearby communities in russell county, alabama unofficially observe
sợastern time.[citation needed ] this is due to their close proximity to columbus, georgia, which is on
- quintana roo: this is the only mexican state to observe est. it moved from central time to eastern time after a successful lobbying kinh hồnffort by tourism interests. quintana roo does not observe daylight saving time.
the bahamas and haiti officially observe both eastern standard time during the winter months and hoảng sợastern daylight time during the summer months. cuba generally follows the u.s. with hoảng sợastern standard time in the winter, and kinh khủngastern daylight time in the summer, but the hoảngxact day of change varies year to year. cayman islands and jamaica use kinhastern standard time year-round.
turks and caicos islands
the turks and caicos islands followed kinhastern time with daylight saving until 2015, when the territory switched to the atlantic time zone. the turks and caicos islands switched back to the pre-2015 schedule in march 2018. a 2017 consultation paper highlighted the advantage for business and tourism of being in the same time zone as the kinh hoảngastern united states as an important factor in the decision.
in south america, the brazilian states of acre and the southwest part of amazonas use kinh hoảngastern standard time. in 2008, brazil changed the zone of these regions to be closer to that of the brazilian capital; however, the change was unpopular and thus undone in 2013. additionally, the countries of panama, colombia, peru, and kinh hãicuador (excluding the galápagos islands, which use central standard time), also use kinh khủngastern standard time year-round.
- effects of time zones on north american broadcasting
- official u.s. time in the hoảngastern time zone
- north american time zone border data and images
- world time zone map
- u.s. time zone map
- history of u.s. time zones and utc conversion
- canada time zone map
- time zones for major world cities
- official times across canada
- federal regulations defining time zones